About Bishop John Louis:
Bishop John Kobina Louis, PhD, is an auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Accra, Ghana. He was ordained as an auxiliary bishop on 19th April 2023.
- October, 2010 – June, 2014 PhD in Study of Religions, University of Ghana, Legon.
- September, 2002 – June, 2004 STL in Dogmatic Theology, Pontificia Universitas Urbaniana, Rome.
- April, 1996 – May, 1996 Certificate in Financial Management and Budgeting, GIMPA, Accra.
- September, 1988 – June, 1991 BA in Religious Studies and Sociology, University of Ghana.
- September, 1986 – June, 1992 Ecclesiastical Studies, St. Peter’s Regional Seminary, Pedu.
- September, 1978 – June, 1985 GCE O-Level and A-Level St. Augustine’s College, Cape Coast
- September, 1970 – June, 1978 R.C. Basic School, Nima, Accra.
WORK EXPERIENCE/PASTORAL MINISTRY
2019 – PRESENT Vicar General, Accra Archdiocese
2016 – 2020 Spiritual Director, Handmaids of the Divine Redeemer Sisters, Generalate Community, Accra.
2014 – 2020 Academic Dean and Lecturer, Catholic Institute of Business and Technology, Accra.
2017 – 2018 Acting President, Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
2008 – 2014 Part-time lecturer, Dept. of Religious Studies and Church Administration, Catholic Institute of Business and Technology.
2006 – 2012 Cathedral Administrator, Holy Spirit Cathedral, Accra.
2010 – 2011 Acting Head, Dept. of Religious Studies and Church Administration, Catholic Institute of Business and Technology.
2004 – 2006 Associate Cathedral Administrator, Holy Spirit Cathedral, Accra.
1998 – 2002 Spiritual Director, Handmaids of the Divine Redeemer Sisters, Christ the King Community, Accra
1998 – 2002 Parish Priest, St. Joseph the Worker Parish, Tema.
1997- 2002 Director, Pastoral Centre, Accra Archdiocese.
1996 – 2002 Financial Administrator, Accra Archdiocese.
1995 – 1998 Priest-in-charge, St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church, Tema.
1992 – 1995 Assistant Parish Priest, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, Tema (I was responsible for the outstations: St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church, Tema; St. Peter’s Church, Tema New Town; and St. Michael’s Church, Michel Camp).
1985 – 1986 National Service, Laboratory Technician at Ghana Water and Sewerage Corporation (now Ghana Water Company), Mile 4, Accra
MEMBERSHIP IN COUNCILS/ BOARDS/ ASSOCIATIONS/ COMMITTEES
2019-PRESENT Member, College of Consultors, Archdiocese of Accra
2006-PRESENT Member, Council of Priests, Archdiocese of Accra
2017-2020 Member, Governing Council, CIBT
2016-2020 President, Society of Catholic Social Scientists (Ghana Chapter)
2015-2020 Chairman, Faculty Board, CIBT
2015-2020 Chairman, Examination Committee, CIBT
2014-2020 Chairman, Congregation Planning Committee, CIBT
2010-2020 Member, Academic Board, CIBT
2017-2018 Acting Chairman, Academic Board, CIBT
2017-2018 Acting Chairman, Management Committee, CIBT
2017-2018 Chairman, Academic Quality Assurance Committee, CIBT
2015-2018 Chairman, Graduate Programme Management Committee, CIBT
2015-2016 Member, Interim Management Committee, CIBT
2007- 2011 President, National Union of Ghana Diocesan Priests’ Associations.
2006-2014 Member, College of Consultors, Archdiocese of Accra.
2006-2010 Chairman, Archdiocesan Catechetical Committee, Accra.
2005-2010 Member. Board of Directors, Millennium Guest House Ltd (Holy Spirit Cathedral), Adabraka.
2003-2004 President, Ecclesiastical Union of Ghanaian Students in Rome (Italy).
1997-2002 Member, College of Consultors, Archdiocese of Accra.
1997-2002 Member, Council of Priests, Archdiocese of Accra.
1996-2002 Financial Secretary, National Union of Ghana Diocesan Priests’ Associations.
1996-2002 Member, Board of Directors, Accra Catholic Press (Accra).
- John K. Louis (2019) “The Eucharist: A Source and Summit for Environmentally Friendly Development in Rural Ghana”, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference of the Society of Catholic Social Scientists – Ghana Chapter. Pittsburgh: RoseDog Books, pp. 1-19.
- John K. Louis (2018) The Word in Season and out of Season: Homilies for Sundays and Solemnities – Year C. Accra: Datro Publishers
- John K. Louis (2017) The Word in Season and out of Season: Homilies for Sundays and Solemnities – Year B. Accra: Datro Publishers.
- George Ossom-Batsa & John K. Louis (2017). “Church as Family of God: An African Ecclesiological Model under Scrutiny”. Rome: University of Urbaniana Journal.
- John K. Louis (2016) The Word in Season and out of Season: Homilies for Sundays and Solemnities – Year A. Accra: Datro Publishers.
- John K. Louis (2015): Restructuring for Greater Participation in the Life and Mission of the Church. Accra: Wrenco Press.
- John K. Louis (2012) The Word in Season and out of Season: A Collection of Homilies. Accra: Wrenco Press.
- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND STATE RELATIONS IN GHANA: MUTUAL TEACHERS AND LEARNERS
- (2014) PHD THESIS: “THE RECEPTION OF THE ECCLESIOLOGY OF VATICAN II: SOME PROSPECTS FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN GHANA”
- (2004) LICENTIATE (STL) DEGREE THESIS: “THE MODELS- CENTRED ECCLESIOLOGY OF AVERY DULLES: SOME IMPLICATIONS FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN GHANA.”
- (1991) BA. DEGREE LONG ESSAY: LEADERSHIP IN SMALL CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES.
Webmaster (Website Administrator):
This website is developed and managed by Godwin Delali Adadzie. He is a Catholic apologist and computer scientist.